This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access
- From: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 12:30:30 +0200
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, PR 57748] Check for out of bounds access
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB122-W396D54115D70C9FF68A8D2E43C0 at phx dot gbl>,<2431138 dot NHaSnGuehd at polaris>,<20130906093053 dot GQ23437 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:30:53, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 11:28:44AM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
>>> this patch fixes the ICE and wrong code issues from PR57748. It contains two
>>> test cases. One for the ICE and one for the wrong code. Both test cases
>>> fail for all gcc versions, and are fixed with this patch.
>>> Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-linux without any problems.
>>> OK for trunk and the 4.8 / 4.7 branch?
>> Please avoid touching the 4.7 branch at this point, this is a sensitive area
>> and the testcases look quite artificial to me.
> Even for 4.8 it needs at least several weeks on the trunk before considering
> backports of such code.
That's true, the examples are quite artificial, because it is difficult
and quite target-dependent, if there will be a movmisalign optab at all.
And the original test case will no longer reproduce on trunk because of this
2013-08-08 Bernd Edlinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/arm/arm.h (MALLOC_ABI_ALIGNMENT): Define.
maybe we should first backport this one.
Yesterday someone did that on the linaro branch,
but maybe /branches/gcc-4_8-branch should be updated as well?