This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Enable non-complex math builtins from C99 for Bionic
- From: "Bernhard Reutner-Fischer" <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>
- To: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at kugelworks dot com>
- Cc: Alexander Ivchenko <aivchenk at gmail dot com>, Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:02:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Enable non-complex math builtins from C99 for Bionic
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACysShhz+0gyscs-fkN7evVq1bGCMmgj09n6YQFAriKKn2C+HA at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1307082206160 dot 7307 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShhZkdphnWqy8qaCKotQEp7sYizsGi8ZJ0hg3wBTx7Xenw at mail dot gmail dot com> <yddbo4rw21v dot fsf at lokon dot CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE> <CACysShhKGY1UCUthvTmDSeVS7D4QV=BpAD2VbzmPv7wLYYFqhA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130822082500 dot GA19152 at bart> <CACysShgCzaTtSDapaw-+vkpUtqBtfRpKVWzd=NUOtrGP1AMPtg at mail dot gmail dot com> <81715983-8771-40A3-862F-FAAB584ABEF1 at kugelworks dot com> <CACysShjrmxK_4hkyDKEEzy=1+d=G2XzMP0VL40x_7gim-z7Ozg at mail dot gmail dot com> <1C61DE2C-4F72-4B00-A7A6-08AC2D671F79 at kugelworks dot com> <20130905110229 dot GA53348 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On 5 September 2013 13:02:29 Kirill Yukhin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On 04 Sep 20:11, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> On 4/09/2013, at 7:43 PM, Alexander Ivchenko wrote:
> The patch is OK with definitions of OPTION_GLIBC, OPTION_UCLIBC and
OPTION_BIONIC copied verbatim from gcc/config/l
Checked into main trunk: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2013-09/msg00137.html
Unless i am missing something crucial I am not really convinced that this
bionic support stuff you guys are aiming at is proper, to be defensive..
uClibc has C99 math support optionally as well as other optional,
nonstandard feature sets. Your patch does not seem to check (in a
cross-compilable fashion, of course) if C99 math is supported in libc or
not, thus regressing on uClibc with C99_MATH enabled.
Please revert this patch and handle your libc in a sensible manner as
everyone else has to since years.. I.e. either be C99 complete or fixup
your conditions, ideally in the public port.
Sent with AquaMail for Android