This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: [PATCH] Scheduling result adjustment to enable macro-fusion
- From: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Wei Mi <wmi at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 23:33:36 +0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: [PATCH] Scheduling result adjustment to enable macro-fusion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+4CFy60EZ99xBGecerYLM9wD6w2v60SpJsfOGguA_PWLLupsA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+4CFy6+1ieFJ5+vvsStYs8AnfUY+aAVrYR-p-T7iPisVLCWHQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1309041253370 dot 5281 at monopod dot intra dot ispras dot ru> <CABu31nONs_DJ99YXDyWAE2a5iyoQWQyuGwLm0jrcb+mCx2M1Aw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Steven Bosscher <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Alexander Monakov wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Could you use the existing facilities instead, such as adjust_priority hook,
> > or making the compare-branch insn sequence a SCHED_GROUP?
> Or a define_bypass?
Hm, I don't think define_bypass would work: it still leaves the
scheduler freedom to move the compare up.
IMO adjust_priority would be preferable if it allows to achieve the goal.