This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Fix for PR58201
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <jason at redhat dot com>, <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:49:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Fix for PR58201
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130904160409 dot GF20687 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On 09/04/2013 06:04 PM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> this is third fallout of my change to remove DECL_ARGUMENTS/DECL_RESULT for functions w/o
> bodies I did not really anticipate.
> I would like to basically ask if it seems to make sense to go this route and
> try to get rid of those declarations.
I'm currently working on a new target, ptx, which uses a
pseudo-assembler where functions (even extern ones) need to be declared
with their arguments and return types. With my current code I have to
look at DECL_ARGUMENTS fairly late in the compilation. I'm not quite
sure yet whether the change to delete them will break the backend.