This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch 4/4] -fstrict-volatile-bitfields cleanup v3: remove from defaults on all targets
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Edlinger <bernd dot edlinger at hotmail dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 09:55:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch 4/4] -fstrict-volatile-bitfields cleanup v3: remove from defaults on all targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB122-W35943644A5D83EC2CAFDB7E4370 at phx dot gbl>,<52245D01 dot 1030702 at arm dot com>,<Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309021600390 dot 17654 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>,<CAFiYyc0he723Zn7jhpXxZCuhL+=KkmDU5FWHvjDpC4juJcsvvg at mail dot gmail dot com>,<DUB122-W24F7F5549EDAC48D8889B0E4310 at phx dot gbl>,<Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309032118460 dot 27960 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <DUB122-W47E9398116D13B0436C57EE4320 at phx dot gbl>,<201309041329 dot r84DT2gZ023416 at greed dot delorie dot com> <DUB122-W398CFDD55B9DB6A4C982D2E4320 at phx dot gbl>
> How about this for a compromise: Let's make the default of
> -fstrict-volatile-bitfields an optional configure argument for gcc
> 4.9, that can be used for every target, even for X86_64 of you want ?
I don't care how it's enabled (currently, each target that wants it,
sets it) as long as a plain "./configure" gives the correct defaults.
"Don't forget this option or your code won't work" isn't an option.