This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada PATCH: Fix ada/58239 by linking with xg++, not xgcc
- From: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at axiomatics dot org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 10:30:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: Ada PATCH: Fix ada/58239 by linking with xg++, not xgcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761uttoo5 dot fsf at euclid dot axiomatics dot org> <201308312300 dot 44619 dot ebotcazou at adacore dot com> <87r4d91qqs dot fsf at euclid dot axiomatics dot org>
On 31 Aug 2013, at 22:42, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> | > This patch fixes that by introducing GXX_LINK which is GCC_LINK except
> | > that CXX (e.g. xg++) instead of CC (e.g. xgcc) is invoked.
> | >
> | > Eric, are there other executables that need to be linked with GXX_LINK
> | > too but aren't triggered yet?
> | Yes, all not covered executables linking with TOOLS_LIBS since it contains
> | libcommon.a which now drags the C++ library. So the simplest solution is to
> | change GCC_LINK (there is one potential problematic case, vxaddr2line, but it
> | probably didn't link before so let's forget it for now).
> | I'll attach a patch to the PR so that the Darwin folks can test it.
> Thank you; that is very much appreciated.
yes, indeed, thanks Eric,
It seems the patch needs a couple of minor amendments to work with Darwin - and I've added an updated version to the PR which passes bootstrap and make check-ada on x86_64-darwin12.