This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada PATCH: Fix ada/58239 by linking with xg++, not xgcc
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at axiomatics dot org>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 16:42:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: Ada PATCH: Fix ada/58239 by linking with xg++, not xgcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761uttoo5 dot fsf at euclid dot axiomatics dot org> <201308312300 dot 44619 dot ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
Eric Botcazou <email@example.com> writes:
| > This patch fixes that by introducing GXX_LINK which is GCC_LINK except
| > that CXX (e.g. xg++) instead of CC (e.g. xgcc) is invoked.
| > Eric, are there other executables that need to be linked with GXX_LINK
| > too but aren't triggered yet?
| Yes, all not covered executables linking with TOOLS_LIBS since it contains
| libcommon.a which now drags the C++ library. So the simplest solution is to
| change GCC_LINK (there is one potential problematic case, vxaddr2line, but it
| probably didn't link before so let's forget it for now).
| I'll attach a patch to the PR so that the Darwin folks can test it.
Thank you; that is very much appreciated.