This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ubsan merged into trunk
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Dominique Dhumieres <dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:09:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Ubsan merged into trunk
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130830193801 dot 5925D3BE1E at mailhost dot lps dot ens dot fr> <20130830194356 dot GU21876 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz> <02CCE197-2D37-4BFD-B165-B14EE602FB85 at codesourcery dot com>
On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 04:04:03PM +0100, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2013, at 20:43, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 09:38:01PM +0200, Dominique Dhumieres wrote:
> >>> I've just merged ubsan into trunk. Please send complaints my way.
> >> Bootstrap is broken on x86_64-apple-darwin10:
> > (wonder why not
> > libasan_la_LIBADD = $(top_builddir)/sanitizer_common/libsanitizer_common.la
> > if !USING_MAC_INTERPOSE
> > libasan_la_LIBADD += $(top_builddir)/interception/libinterception.la
> > endif
> > libasan_la_LIBADD += $(LIBSTDCXX_RAW_CXX_LDFLAGS)
> > ).
> â indeed, that's what I did for ubsan.
> > perhaps tsan/Makefile.am too (though, tsan isn't supported on darwin, so
> > it doesn't matter that much).
> tsan isn't relevant (yet): although, when we get some time to work on it, native thread support should be feasible for Darwin >= 11.
> the patch below fixes bootstrap - along the lines of your observation;
> it also fixes the specs to actually use the library (so that the tests pass too).
> bootstrapped x86_64-darwin12 for c,c++ and fortran (objc and ada bootstraps are broken from other causes).
> [also bootstrapped on x86_64-linux, and checked RUNTESTFLAGS="asan.exp ubsan.exp"]
> OK for trunk?
I was just about to post something similar; thanks for the patch and sorry
for the breakage. Can't give you formal approval though.
> * config/darwin.h (LINK_COMMAND_SPEC_A): Revise sanitiser specs to
> include sanitise(undefined).