This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Go patch committed: Set TREE_PUBLIC reliably
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:50:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: Go patch committed: Set TREE_PUBLIC reliably
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mcr4na99v7v dot fsf at iant-glaptop dot roam dot corp dot google dot com>
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Uros tracked down a problem with the section used for immutable structs:
> the value of compute_reloc_for_constant would change between the time
> immutable_struct_set_init would call it and the time that
> get_variable_section would call it, for the same decl and the same decl
> initializer. He identified the problem: TREE_PUBLIC was set in the
> latter case but not the former. This patch fixes the problem.
> Bootstrapped and ran Go testsuite on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
> Committed to mainline and 4.8 branch.
I can confirm that there is no invalid section flags warning in the
libgo testsuite on alpha.