This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Change fixed size array to a vector; fix diagnostic messages.
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Caroline Tice <cmtice at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:41:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Change fixed size array to a vector; fix diagnostic messages.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABtf2+RehdxMbMZU-8rjqom-MV=ZknGpJib86MQPhg=4wMPZPA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+TkhDf-j=0TYCGFS6q7b4EbsreyCpqEqdNkQ8+Ho1ojww at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+SCRfAyOHpqyDPPWUh_FaMFgGAVk4sT=opu6grBGfemEQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+S1+mLLT0By41to0D-BELAM1ZD=WEu_9cQi6SSAuBiCCQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <521E33CE dot 7020101 at google dot com> <CABtf2+QZj9mZd2Y5s4qMwNTKz49fr+yVGgaVz0MWFZt+FLbnxA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Caroline Tice <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> num_vtable_args was an int that we manually incremented/decremented,
> so it might have been negative. I am
> assuming that a vec<tree>.length() can never be negative. So before
> the else-clause was explicitly checking that the value was 0 or 1
> (since the if-condition takes all values greater than 1. Now I am
> implicitly assuming that when we get to the else-clause the value must
> be 0 or 1, because the if-condition took care of all values greater
> than 1, and values less that zero cannot occur. Is that assumption
> Do you need to review this again after I fix your suggestion, or can I
> go ahead and commit it after?
No. If the changes bootstrap and pass validation, you can commit the