This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Change fixed size array to a vector; fix diagnostic messages.
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Caroline Tice <cmtice at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:18:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Change fixed size array to a vector; fix diagnostic messages.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABtf2+RehdxMbMZU-8rjqom-MV=ZknGpJib86MQPhg=4wMPZPA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+TkhDf-j=0TYCGFS6q7b4EbsreyCpqEqdNkQ8+Ho1ojww at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+SCRfAyOHpqyDPPWUh_FaMFgGAVk4sT=opu6grBGfemEQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+S1+mLLT0By41to0D-BELAM1ZD=WEu_9cQi6SSAuBiCCQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
There are two patches attached in your original submission. I assume
they're both identical?
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Caroline Tice <email@example.com> wrote:
> Could somebody please, pretty please review this patch? It's not very
> big or complex, and it's been out there for three weeks now....Is
> there something else I need to do for this?
> -- Caroline Tice
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Caroline Tice <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Ping? Ping?
>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Caroline Tice <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Caroline Tice <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>> This patch replaces the fixed sized array that was holding vtable
>>>> pointers for a particular class hierarchy with a vector, allowing for
>>>> dynamic resizing. It also fixes issues with the warning diagnostics.
>>>> I am in the process of running regression tests with this patch;
>>>> assuming they all pass, is this patch OK to commit?
>>>> -- Caroline Tice
>>>> 2013-08-08 Caroline Tice <email@example.com>
>>>> * vtable-class-hierarchy.c: Remove unnecessary include statements.
>>>> (MAX_SET_SIZE): Remove unnecessary constant.
>>>> (register_construction_vtables): Make vtable_ptr_array parameter
>>>> into a vector; remove num_args parameter. Change array accesses to
>>>> vector accesses.
>>>> (register_other_binfo_vtables): Ditto.
>>>> (insert_call_to_register_set): Ditto.
>>>> (insert_call_to_register_pair): Ditto.
>>>> (output_set_info): Ditto. Also change warning calls to warning_at
>>>> calls, and fix format of warning messages.
>>>> (register_all_pairs): Change vtbl_ptr_array from an array into a
>>>> vector. Remove num_vtable_args (replace with calls to vector length).
>>>> Change array stores & accesses to vector functions. Change calls to
>>>> register_construction_vtables, register_other_binfo_vtables,
>>>> insert_call_to_register_set, insert_call_to_register_pair and
>>>> output_set_info to match their new signatures. Change warning to
>>>> warning_at and fix the format of the warning message.