This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] -mcmodel=large -fpic TLS GD and LD support gcc + binutils (PR target/58067)
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 08:30:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] -mcmodel=large -fpic TLS GD and LD support gcc + binutils (PR target/58067)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130813194235 dot GJ1814 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAFULd4Ye9J-EnrE4cD8KtLqdXsE-a-oMAW+jOfFVzY0bK6=JhA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130828093741 dot GP21876 at tucnak dot zalov dot cz>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 09:03:24AM +0200, Uros Bizjak wrote:
>> The implementation for x86 is technically OK, but I wonder if these
>> sequences should be documented in some authoritative document about
>> TLS relocations. The "ELF Handling For Thread-Local Storage" document
>>  doesn't mention various code models fo x86_64, so I was not able
>> to cross-check the implementaton vs. documentation.
>>  http://www.akkadia.org/drepper/tls.pdf
> Ping, are the patches ok for gcc trunk and binutils trunk?
> Uli has kindly updated the docs some time ago.
Linker change is OK with testcases for GD and LD.