This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: opt-info message change for vectorizer
- From: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 06:11:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: opt-info message change for vectorizer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAkRFZK60Yer3SOds_=KbXzvqfz3EBfcxLFJEZdpKVSXiVFMvw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAkRFZ+JC55X5YhLC30XwUrVeDWhM-ff4WC5arwYiv2t3yQZzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <FF2D44FE-198A-441C-9460-9A41ED840732 at comcast dot net> <CAAkRFZJRYnzajk7zEd0rbVetWXUSsyDDKURo7SmocCXRDTNkPQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc1=GD+1nJHtUxRfMG_2R3ODTsPyZTXFAMzBY4wMB4VDFQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM, Richard Biener
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Xinliang David Li <email@example.com> wrote:
>> If this is the convention, we should probably have another patch to
>> fix all the existing opt-info messages.
> Yes please.
> Also ...
>>>>> b.c:16:A::foo: note: Loop is vectorized
> "loop vectorized"
>>>>> b.c:16:A::foo: note: Loop is versioned to remove aliases for vectorization
> "loop versioned for vectorization because of possible aliasing"
>>>>> b.c:16:A::foo: note: Loop is peeled to enhance alignment for vectorization
> "loop peeled for vectorization to enhance alignment"
>>>>> b.c:16:A::foo: note: Completely unroll loop 6 times
> maybe "loop with 6 iterations completely unrolled"
>>>>> b.c:12:A::foo: note: Completely unroll loop 6 times
> I hate the excessive vertical spacing as well.
This part should be fixable after my related patch that you reviewed
(the Convert more passes to new dump framework patch). The problem is
that the dump framework was not consistently emitting newlines, so
many of the messages were explicitly adding a newline, which often
wasn't needed. I'll respond more on that thread, but for cleanup such
as removing extra newlines and adjusting the capitalization, I can
send a separate cleanup patch after these are in.
>>>>> Ok after testing?
Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-460-2413