This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Consider int and same-size short as equivalent vector components
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:17:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFA: Consider int and same-size short as equivalent vector components
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130826121845 dot hp0ac9mlhc4ccwsw-nzlynne at webmail dot spamcop dot net> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1308262032240 dot 3595 at laptop-mg dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
Quoting Marc Glisse <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
The issue seems larger than just short/int. On x86, (l<l)<l fails to
compile for a vector of long, with l<l that has opaque type vector of
int, that seems wrong.
I don't understand what you mean here. Could you post the actual code sample?