This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Clean up pretty printers [18/n]
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at axiomatics dot org>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:14:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Clean up pretty printers [18/n]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87y57o3kt5 dot fsf at euclid dot axiomatics dot org> <521B1B4F dot 5090206 at oracle dot com> <87haecdd0n dot fsf at euclid dot axiomatics dot org> <20130826122400 dot GA1859 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAAiZkiCDD4O_J20=ttih-Bes79GipG_ZnjeaXyQT8Gy4yPajYw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130826140031 dot GA9323 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAAiZkiAvH0q-MKFjTy6VOL2ibGUnnQLZ1R44u6etJ1xSjLhU-Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130826143218 dot GA19397 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAAiZkiAH6bQNv+xr6atf1an62L3=98ZOjit+XyUv7xf36Jf8Nw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> modify ALL_LINKERFLAGS or BUILD_LINKERFLAGS?
> > configure --with-build-config=bootstrap-lto . You need plugin enabled buinutils for that.
> > I think there however should be a lot easier way to reproduce it by just dropping some really
> > large source file. Here LTO only runs the backend on very many functions.
> > Honza
> by the way, we should be leaking less now that we release the memory
> acquire in obstack for local pretty printers. and discharged pretty printers.
> However, I think we still have problems with: (1) global pretty printers,
> (2) when we do ggc_strdup on the formatted text. One of the local patches
> I have avoids the copy and GGC involvement.
> Please let me know which of the above Make linker variables I should modify.
My favorite way to do so is to wait for compilation to get into linking stage and then
simply cut&paste the command line and modify it myself. Otherwise it is bit inpractical:
we link many times (every binary twice just for checksum :( ) and thus you would end
up with quite massive disk usage I would guess.
> -- Gaby