This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: powerpc64le multilibs and multiarch dir
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:05:57 +0930
- Subject: Re: powerpc64le multilibs and multiarch dir
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130822035750 dot GO3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1308232133550 dot 12585 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20130826033216 dot GE3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <56A5DF32-A37A-458D-BDB6-1CCD006A3D6A at comcast dot net>
On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:40:30PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2013, at 8:32 PM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > We (IBM) don't intend to support running both big and little-endian
> > processes on the same system in the near future. Perhaps I'm jumping
> > the gun in defining the multi-os dirs like /lible and /lib64le.
> I'd recommend against multilibs, unless you have a need for themâ
These multlibs are only added if you ask for them via --enable-targets.
Australia Development Lab, IBM