This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [go-nuts] Re: libtool update for powerpc64le-linux
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>
- To: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, golang-nuts <golang-nuts at googlegroups dot com>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 18:09:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [go-nuts] Re: libtool update for powerpc64le-linux
- References: <20130816084805 dot GF4024 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20130823003554 dot GX3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 06:18:05PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
>> I'd like to apply the following patch to the gcc repository (well,
>> excluding the libgo part which I'm hoping someone will apply for me to
>> the master go repository). I know the normal procedure for autotools
>> is to submit upstream then update when the patch is in the upstream
>> autotools repository, but this simple libtool patch has been awaiting
>> review for over two months.
> The libtool.m4 patch has finally been reviewed and accepted upstream.
> I'd like to import upstream libtool into gcc to support powerpc64le,
> and please, can someone do the same for upstream libgo? The reason we
> need this patch is that on a powerpc64le linux host where the compiler
> defaulted to producing 64-bit objects (which is how we generally build
> compilers nowadays) libtool added -m elf64ppc to $LD. Being the
> option for 64-bit big-endian, that caused complete failure for
> 64-bit little-endian.
I've updated libgo/config/libtool.m4 and libgo/configure on mainline.