This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Rerun df_analyze after delete_unmarked_insns during DCE
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Alexey Makhalov <makhaloff at gmail dot com>, Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:49:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Rerun df_analyze after delete_unmarked_insns during DCE
- References: <CAGWvnynFvXm0sdVXmPuM6RVScQw1cVjqvKEqi4Odst0N-sZtCA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5214D878 dot 4090206 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Jeff Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 08/21/2013 08:25 AM, David Edelsohn wrote:
>> This patch has caused a bootstrap failure for powerpc-aix and probably
>> powerpc64-linux. GCC segfaults and core dumps during stage2
>> The motivation for this patch seems faulty and I strongly request that
>> it be reverted.
> Instead of going instantly to "revert the patch", the right thing to do is
> spend a little time analyzing the problem then decide on the best course of
> action. It could well be the issue Bernd noted about changing
> regs_ever_live after reload. I'm looking at it now.
Well, that was the purpose of the patch:
" Fixed by forcing regs_ever_live update and rerunning df_analyze ()
Note that the patch was for an out-of-tree port. Meaning: trunk is
currently broken for a patch that wasn't needed for any in-tree