This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [GOOGLE] Add discriminator for inlined callsite
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:53:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [GOOGLE] Add discriminator for inlined callsite
- References: <CAO2gOZXxfJf7Ps=7AVTu25gr++4KPyEdmWGdSk0uVqrUX8cFiQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4rPbEm_nsNpqe-Wrxhf2j+0P5hBbohmgb55Qg0_VnDz5w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAO2gOZVfJ4=uDn_JMMwemLA+4jtuzccVRf9m8yR6ADqgB_Vm2A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4rNP0JcBYgbnsC7TrSDaUcnsXnKGaSCaxHxGs6vLAxv=Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
>> Patch updated. BTW, do you think this patch should actually go into trunk?
> This is OK for google branches. I don't think it can go into trunk
> like this, as it relies on get_discriminator_from_locus. In trunk, we
> only have the discriminator assigned to a basic block.
Oh, but the dwarf2.def patch *should* probably go to trunk, just to
reserve the value we're using. The comment should provide a bit more
detail -- perhaps a pointer to a GCC wiki page?