This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR57451 (Incorrect debug ranges emitted for -freorder-blocks-and-partition -g)
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:44:59 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR57451 (Incorrect debug ranges emitted for -freorder-blocks-and-partition -g)
- References: <CAAe5K+X+iEwyuGH3=1nii3YDoni3-XeO_v4RVSL+Mfb=SpQSqA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAe5K+X-PtH8nJN4P5ZkXL8DYvW3Cw4Owcq2yhHRgqS7KRbFkg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 08/19/2013 12:34 PM, Teresa Johnson wrote:
This is fine. Is there any way you can turn the steps mentioned in
57451 into a dejagnu testcase? Clearly it would only work in a native
configuration due to the need to run the instrumented program.
On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Teresa Johnson <email@example.com> wrote:
This patch fixes PR rtl-optimizations/57451 by preventing scopes and
therefore lexical blocks from crossing split section boundaries.
This will prevent debug info generation from using DW_AT_low_pc/high_pc
pairs across the section boundary.
Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. With this patch,
a profilebootstrap with -freorder-blocks-and-partition force-enabled
also passes. Ok for trunk?
2013-08-11 Teresa Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* final.c (reemit_insn_block_notes): Prevent lexical blocks
from crossing split section boundaries.