This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Fix /tmp directory issues in libvtv
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Caroline Tice <cmtice at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:43:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Fix /tmp directory issues in libvtv
- References: <CABtf2+SE75qwSodDpFjCEQ-DVFtY4B4dhVgMopNUA9z3FaCXRQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <520494FD dot 5030207 at redhat dot com> <CABtf2+SzFffNo78Ey9sr=wsrm8-5_3DzYAE6LALkYu06fHeHfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5207EE34 dot 6000409 at redhat dot com> <CABtf2+Sqm2PrKoGmug-FGveWze447uoTgzmmtJkWWgOQNHgBWA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5208C3BD dot 3090605 at redhat dot com> <CABtf2+QuhyWcmbQ_U+arO3k+B1EEaR31Xxf7n-jjiQHt6UjUeA at mail dot gmail dot com> <520BA33E dot 9030401 at redhat dot com> <CABtf2+RhFYC8ekzucTGP_ndnU4bPBBZ-NucfuYCGkfK4ESpLjQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 08/17/2013 12:29 AM, Caroline Tice wrote:
OK, I *think* I have done as you requested. I have to try the
environment variable before falling back on stderr (there's a program
we want to use this on that disables the ability to write to stderr).
I have added the secure_getenv stuff as you requested. The fixed patch
Please review the patch and let me know if this is OK to commit. Thanks!
This looks good, but I have problems regenerating the libvtv/configure
file. Could you please send me your copy?
I want to make sure that the secure_getenv symbol actually ends up in
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team