This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Issues with intraprocedural devirtualization
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, "mjambor at suse dot cz" <mjambor at suse dot cz>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 23:11:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Issues with intraprocedural devirtualization
- References: <20130817214457 dot GA7313 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <52101BC9 dot 3090801 at redhat dot com>
On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Jason Merrill <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I do not know if one can do
>> something like having automatic variable of class A and use placement new
>> to change it to class B.
> This is something of a grey area in the standard, with a few defect reports
> yet to be resolved. I think it should be undefined behavior.
Jason, could you remind me of the CWG issue numbers for these?
It is also of interest for SG12, even if it isn't going to come withe
a different answer.