This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Change fixed size array to a vector; fix diagnostic messages.
- From: Caroline Tice <cmtice at google dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:14:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, vtv update] Change fixed size array to a vector; fix diagnostic messages.
- References: <CABtf2+RehdxMbMZU-8rjqom-MV=ZknGpJib86MQPhg=4wMPZPA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Caroline Tice <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch replaces the fixed sized array that was holding vtable
> pointers for a particular class hierarchy with a vector, allowing for
> dynamic resizing. It also fixes issues with the warning diagnostics.
> I am in the process of running regression tests with this patch;
> assuming they all pass, is this patch OK to commit?
> -- Caroline Tice
> 2013-08-08 Caroline Tice <email@example.com>
> * vtable-class-hierarchy.c: Remove unnecessary include statements.
> (MAX_SET_SIZE): Remove unnecessary constant.
> (register_construction_vtables): Make vtable_ptr_array parameter
> into a vector; remove num_args parameter. Change array accesses to
> vector accesses.
> (register_other_binfo_vtables): Ditto.
> (insert_call_to_register_set): Ditto.
> (insert_call_to_register_pair): Ditto.
> (output_set_info): Ditto. Also change warning calls to warning_at
> calls, and fix format of warning messages.
> (register_all_pairs): Change vtbl_ptr_array from an array into a
> vector. Remove num_vtable_args (replace with calls to vector length).
> Change array stores & accesses to vector functions. Change calls to
> register_construction_vtables, register_other_binfo_vtables,
> insert_call_to_register_set, insert_call_to_register_pair and
> output_set_info to match their new signatures. Change warning to
> warning_at and fix the format of the warning message.