This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 58099: [4.8/4.9 Regression] [F03] over-zealous procedure-pointer error checking
- From: Mikael Morin <mikael dot morin at sfr dot fr>
- To: Janus Weil <janus at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 20:06:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 58099: [4.8/4.9 Regression] [F03] over-zealous procedure-pointer error checking
- References: <CAKwh3qgdGptBjcO1Wss2cQUWnx4ADPiPqdPKUixxhA21oDPNOA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Le 07/08/2013 16:02, Janus Weil a écrit :
> Hi all,
> here is a small regression-fix patch for a problem with procedure
> pointers and the PURE attribute, for details see the PR. In essence:
> gfc_compare_interfaces is asymmetric in the two interfaces it compares
> (e.g. regarding the PURE attribute), and we must not symmetrize it by
> calling it twice with exchanged arguments.
> Regtested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Ok for trunk?
This looks good to me, but I let Tobias have the final word as he
expressed some concerns in the PR audit trail.