This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: implement C11 _Generic
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 10:50:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFA: implement C11 _Generic
- References: <87mx2l9emz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1307230154430 dot 22054 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 01:55:19AM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> I have now revised this patch from a year ago in line with my
> understanding of how _Generic ought to handle the various special
> cases (selector undergoes lvalue-to-rvalue conversion, and decay of
> functions and arrays to pointers, because nothing says it doesn't -
> "The controlling expression of a generic selection was very carefully
> not added to the list of contexts in which lvalue conversion is not
> done and type qualification is discarded", the minutes say - and no
> rvalues can have qualified type), which seems to accord with the
> committee discussion in the Delft minutes, added corresponding
> testcases, and committed this patch. Bootstrapped with no regressions
> on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
Thanks for doing this. I see that http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/C11Status
isn't updated wrt _Generic, shall I do that?