This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ RFC / Patch] PR 54080, PR 52875 and more (aka SFINAE vs template recursion depth)
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:20:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ RFC / Patch] PR 54080, PR 52875 and more (aka SFINAE vs template recursion depth)
- References: <5203F75A dot 9080206 at oracle dot com> <52042C5C dot 7060702 at redhat dot com> <6414e1ec-56b5-42f7-821d-69f4e9325a15 at email dot android dot com> <520496A8 dot 1040607 at redhat dot com> <969f3eb0-2e4d-4a36-9ec9-ea6307e45f46 at email dot android dot com> <52049B55 dot 9090709 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer <email@example.com> ha scritto:
>Could their behavior just be bugs? Depending on their error recovery
>implementation, not flagging infinite recursion as a hard error in
>SFINAE context could be an easy mistake to make.
Sure can be. In a sense, as I tried to explain in another sub-thread, we do have the complementary one.