This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch / RFC] PR 46206
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:25:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch / RFC] PR 46206
- References: <CAGWvny=6Nx6W7u47KjisEu8uM_gGUZ8=GjFRyvDM1SrF9HdwYQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5203DBEE dot 4000103 at oracle dot com> <CAGWvnymGgJaCX_d7L+wL+VH4h0m2-foUZwW7hrMt9yXWCz2HMA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5203E404 dot 8060500 at oracle dot com> <520436BF dot 9000300 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 08/08/2013 02:31 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> On 08/08/2013 08:18 PM, David Edelsohn wrote:
>>> Why does the patch and fix have any architecture or OS-dependency?
> Probably the same reason that subtle changes in the testcase changed whether
> the bug appeared on x86_64-linux. I guess we should figure that out instead
> of just saying "hunh, that's odd."
There's an AIX system in the GCC Compile Farm and I also can provide
additional dump file output if you tell me what would be helpful.