This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch / RFC] PR 54864
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 22:26:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch / RFC] PR 54864
- References: <52029D61 dot 2050107 at oracle dot com> <5202A56E dot 9010605 at redhat dot com>
On 08/07/2013 09:52 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
The rule that allows use of *this is pretty specific:
Unlike the object expression in other contexts, *this is not required
to be of complete type for purposes of class member access (5.2.5)
outside the member function body.
That doesn't seem to allow the use of *outer.
Ok. I'm closing the report as invalid.