This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: small patch to accept = inside plugin arguments
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Basile Starynkevitch <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:33:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: small patch to accept = inside plugin arguments
- References: <1375895717 dot 14832 dot 7 dot camel at glinka dot lesours>
On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 19:15 +0200, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> Hello All,
> It should be perfectly possible for a plugin argument to contain the
> equal sign.
> For plugin with scripting or DSL behavior (like MELT, see
> http://gcc-melt.org/ for more) it is useful to pass some commands
> or expressions to the plugin. For MELT we might want to run
> gcc -fplugin=melt -fplugin-arg-melt-mode=eval \
> -fplugin-arg-melt-arg='(== 1 2)' empty.c
> for plugins accepting some shell command to be run by system or popen,
> passing -fplugin-arg-foo-command='env FOO=bar doit arg' would be
> perfectly ok, but is not.
Thanks - fwiw I've also run into this issue a few times with the python
(I'm not a reviewer)