This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, ARM] require 64-bit hw-int for all arm targets
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 00:25:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch, ARM] require 64-bit hw-int for all arm targets
- References: <51F7E2F6 dot 8000509 at arm dot com>
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> Most arm target configs now require a 64-bit HW-int. Unfortunately a few of
> the older, less commonly used config targets do not. The code in arm.c now
> pretty much requires that a 64-bit HW-int is used, especially for
> vectorization to work.
> This patch makes 64-bit HW-int the default for all arm configs and cleans up
> the configure script accordingly.
> * config.gcc (arm): Require 64-bit host-wide-int for all ARM
> target configs.
The configuration in libcpp/configure.ac of which targets need 64-bit
HOST_WIDE_INT always needs to be kept in sync with that in gcc/config.gcc.
Joseph S. Myers