This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH/Merge Request] Vtable Verification feature.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Caroline Tice <cmtice at google dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Benjamin De Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Benjamin De Kosnik <b dot dekosnik at gmail dot com>, Bhaskar Janakiraman <bjanakiraman at google dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 11:31:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/Merge Request] Vtable Verification feature.
- References: <CABtf2+Q47X0Ld6byo8R96TTKuYPkOsKO7tADRRWVpFqHHTsfuw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130801131950 dot 527bbf97 at oakwood> <CAD_=9DThid3P8ridA2OxP15L_KehaKzw=EGjSPwP=MT6vMAexg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+TDrQObufSt4Zd46fjG6jH_XfuhRTeNJvsniP6BaCyEdg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+Rn8Xn12xvWMx9FSBZ3EGaZQ77Qs-sh_z1XCxntsN9SVg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAD_=9DTNJuR-SrjKYAEHLoCYr2OZe8kboei9Xyc2Jug+x1=v9w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CABtf2+QW1bSowg49o=ZXpEi0-CpjNTd0v0RJMUzTLi2P6QjGqg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Caroline Tice <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> choose_tmpdir(), from libiberty is not mentioned in any .h file, so cannot
> (at the moment) be used here. Is it OK for me to add choose_tmpdir to
Well, maybe. But the approach looks a bit odd to me. Also very
underdocumented--the -fvtv-counts option needs expanding. And I don't
see why a user would ever invoke it anyhow, so perhaps it should be a
--param rather than a -f option. The output to the file doesn't have
any indication of what file is being compiled, so it will be ambiguous
when run in parallel. Why shouldn't this data be dumped into a
standard GCC dump file as we do with most data like this? Your
sum-vtv-counts program could still work, it would just take a set of
dump files and look for the specific strings that it cares about.