This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING] Re: [C++ Patch] for c++/54537
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: Fabien Chêne <fabien dot chene at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 14:42:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PING] Re: [C++ Patch] for c++/54537
- References: <1375300864 dot 5336 dot 6 dot camel at otta> <51FA2B7E dot 2080501 at oracle dot com>
On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 11:33 +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> On 07/31/2013 10:01 PM, Peter Bergner wrote:
> > Can you tell me what the status of the following patch that
> > removes the pow() overload from tr1 is? Specifically:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2012-11/msg01166.html
> > It seemed to have been approved and you were going to do some
> > additional testing before committing the patch last November,
> > but the patch still hasn't been committed yet.
> Peter, please build & test the patch once more and commit it and close
> the bug.
The patch needed a small change to the expected error message in using9.C to
get it to pass, otherwise, it passed bootstrap and regtesting with no errors.
Patch committed to mainline as revision 201414 and the bug closed.
Jakub & richi,
This bug also affects GCC 4.8. Is it appropriate to backport this patch
to the FSF 4.8 branch? I can bootstrap and regtest it there too before
committing if you think it's ok.