This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Google] Fix profiledbootstrap failure
- From: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- To: Rong Xu <xur at google dot com>
- Cc: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>, Dinar Temirbulatov <dinar at kugelworks dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:58:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Google] Fix profiledbootstrap failure
- References: <CANoaTN1kr2-Zu48Puq8rVRj_oEjUVPinDXeVo+ohmY-Kch3abg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAe5K+W6wJLPUbJSmrZbAp+Og6kc6dcWuHiwh-WONFq4voogHw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAkRFZLYWYBeToCgnZPxV-Sg1MQATF_o-29TWZVdbsMcJmYXjw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=S8T9WQeymkeB9eo-XiaHvDwC=3kDkE3+Gjd3mrK=+FUg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Ok. Rong, can you help commit the parameter default setting patch?
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Rong Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> We have seen the issue before. It does fail the profile boostrap as it
> reads a wrong gcda file.
> I thought it had been fixed. (The fix was as David mentioned, setting
> the default value of the parameter to 0).
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Xinliang David Li <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I need to understand why this affects profile bootstrap -- is this due
>> to file name conflict?
>> The fix is wrong -- please do not remove the parameter. If it is a
>> problem, a better fix is to change the default parameter value to 0.
>> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Teresa Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> cc'ing Rong and David since this came from LIPO support.
>>> The patch as-is removes the one use of PARAM_GCOV_DEBUG (which is on
>>> by default) without removing the parameter itself. What is the failure
>>> mode you see from this code?
>>> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Dinar Temirbulatov
>>> <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> This change allows to complete profiledbootstrap on the google gcc-4.8
>>>> branch, tested with make bootstrap with no new regressions. OK for
>>>> google 4.8?
>>>> thanks, Dinar.
>>> Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-460-2413