This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] libgcc/MIPS: Fill in delay slots of (some) MIPS16 call stubs
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:31:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libgcc/MIPS: Fill in delay slots of (some) MIPS16 call stubs
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1307291809530 dot 32382 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <87k3k9b2d9 dot fsf at talisman dot default>
Richard Sandiford <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> "Maciej W. Rozycki" <email@example.com> writes:
>> I believe the only legacy MIPS processors that implemented the MIPS16 ASE
>> in its original variation (i.e. with no compact jumps, no SAVE/RESTORE,
>> and no extend instructions) were the LSI's TinyRISC cores.
> Ah, hadn't realised that the original version had no EXTEND instruction.
> Which TinyRISC iteration was that? The LR4102 had it AFAIK.
*sigh*. I only just realised you meant the _register_ extend instructions
(SEB, etc.). Sorry about that.