This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Aarch64]: Handle return address via. frame pointer
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Venkataramanan Kumar <venkataramanan dot kumar at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, Patch Tracking <patch at linaro dot org>, Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com
- Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 23:27:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Aarch64]: Handle return address via. frame pointer
- References: <CAJK_mQ0+_eD9XzzjkUZb=LEraxfZv5CZXAGs42_zjdg6xfmrjA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Venkataramanan Kumar
> Hi Maintainers,
> This patch adds supports to handle return address via. frame pointer.
I noticed this patch causes undefined behavior when
-fomit-frame-pointer and __builtin_return_address(1) is used. On
PowerPC it is defined correctly that is it generates a frame for that
case. Now on x86_64 it might be undefined but I think that is just
wrong since __builtin_return_address is just used for debugging
> 2013-07-28 Venkataramanan Kumar <email@example.com>
> * config/aarch64/aarch64.c (aarch64_return_addr): Handle returning
> address from a frame.
> Regression tested with aarch64-none-elf with V8 foundation model.