This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add atomic type qualifier
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:29:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add atomic type qualifier
- References: <51F2AEB1 dot 60408 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> This patch adds an atomic type qualifier to GCC. It can be accessed via
> __attribute__((atomic)) or in C11 mode via the _Atomic keyword.
> HP, you might want to give this a try and see if you can get the alignment
> correct for the cris port finally :-)
Looks like the means to that end are there now. Thanks!
Though I won't be able to look into it for a while.
(Looking at two more weeks of vacation and likely a hectic
period after that.)
Note to self (mostly): also implement target-specific warning
when the layout of a composite type including an atomic
("naturally" aligned) type would differ from normal (unaligned;