This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] docs/install.texi: Add note about not relying on gawk extensions
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:47:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] docs/install.texi: Add note about not relying on gawk extensions
- References: <1374768788 dot 1808 dot 6 dot camel at surprise>
On Thu, 25 Jul 2013, David Malcolm wrote:
> OK for trunk? ("make info" and "make dvi" seem to work, though I don't
> have a dvi viewer handy).
This seems the wrong place. A statement about "awk scripts should not" is
information for people modifying GCC, but install.texi is documentation
for people installing GCC.
I think codingconventions.html is the right place for information about
awk coding conventions just like the C/C++ conventions there.
Joseph S. Myers