This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Add TARGET_ASM_OUTPUT_MI_THUNK to support varargs thunk
- From: David Holsgrove <david dot holsgrove at xilinx dot com>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Edgar Iglesias <edgari at xilinx dot com>, John Williams <jwilliams at xilinx dot com>, Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, Nagaraju Mekala <nmekala at xilinx dot com>, Tom Shui <tshui at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:23:41 +1000
- Subject: Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Add TARGET_ASM_OUTPUT_MI_THUNK to support varargs thunk
- References: <0482bc83-1f4f-4038-bf18-aaf37bcbd264 at DB3EHSMHS016 dot ehs dot local> <51E09228 dot 2050002 at eagerm dot com> <93837523-a60e-4ef0-ba0e-089b3ce6f6b1 at CO9EHSMHS023 dot ehs dot local> <51EEF156 dot 1080306 at eagerm dot com>
On 24 July 2013 07:10, Michael Eager <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 07/14/13 21:37, David Holsgrove wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Michael Eager [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
>>> Sent: Saturday, 13 July 2013 9:33 am
>>> To: David Holsgrove
>>> Cc: email@example.com; Edgar Iglesias; John Williams; Vinod
>>> Vidhumouli Hunsigida; Nagaraju Mekala; Tom Shui
>>> Subject: Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Add TARGET_ASM_OUTPUT_MI_THUNK to
>>> support varargs thunk
>>> On 03/18/13 05:49, David Holsgrove wrote:
>>>> 2013-03-18 David Holsgrove <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>> * gcc/config/microblaze/microblaze.c: Add
>>>> and define TARGET_ASM_OUTPUT_MI_THUNK and
>>> Sorry it has taken so long to review this patch.
>>> The gcc microblaze-xilinx-elf build with this patch fails here:
>>> +microblaze_asm_output_mi_thunk (FILE *file, tree thunk_fndecl
>>> + HOST_WIDE_INT delta, HOST_WIDE_INT
>>> + tree function)
>>> + emit_insn (gen_jump (funexp));
>>> (actually, in output_operand() downstream from this statement) while
>>> c++98/strstream.cc, with an error that the "%l" operand was not a label.
>>> This is the first occasion when this routine is called.
>> I had sent a separate patch which should have been applied prior to this
>> one which
>> extended the jump insn to accommodate branching without the "%l" print
>> but I've since reworked our thunk support to avoid needing this second
>> Please find attached updated patch, and new Changelog entry;
>> 2013-07-15 David Holsgrove <email@example.com>
>> * gcc/config/microblaze/microblaze.c: Add microblaze_asm_output_mi_thunk
>> and define TARGET_ASM_OUTPUT_MI_THUNK and
>> I'll post updated patches on the other threads out for review now.
> Committed revision 201185.
I think the content of your commit doesnt line up with this Changelog
entry or mail though,
It looks like the atomic builtin patch which was posted as this mail;
> Michael Eager firstname.lastname@example.org
> 1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077