This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch x86/darwin] fix PR51784 'PIC register not correctly preserved...'
- From: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, "Richard Henderson" <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:25:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch x86/darwin] fix PR51784 'PIC register not correctly preserved...'
- References: <CAFULd4Z+dQJfKOq-qx2aJt2-6cPjyZ6rmNU0yd47GLyjHbB3SQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <0809E02A-4977-46C5-A97F-83DBDC05B460 at codesourcery dot com> <CAFULd4Z_+v30K7ByxA14hKZtQs80zhXUMxVwVdc8YAoxw406Lg at mail dot gmail dot com> <E56CCB11-39AB-4A60-AEBD-C514F5258632 at codesourcery dot com> <CAFULd4Za2uUcbYcczBoQ5LqpU-LrxHn2TLoqXytRKKUujSuiiw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130719210009 dot GB23578 at laptop dot redhat dot com> <CAFULd4agWAgfk_-ey_mYgHYYMYY2-KsfAjxC0y2A_xSoute_sQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <3FEAE1B1-0BAE-417B-AC49-78222D289518 at codesourcery dot com> <CAFULd4YK+0Yb9rnjEJA8oefCPn=O_LbgFPKUHZnLzVwo9uhgXQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 21 Jul 2013, at 09:15, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Iain Sandoe <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Sure, I can test that - do you want me to apply it assuming it reg-tests OK on darwin & linux?
>> (also I can amend the back ports - since I didn't have time to get to them yesterday)
> Yes, please test it on darwin. The build test on linux went OK.
> However, the change is not effective on linux, so I have no means to
> properly test it by myself.
> If everything is OK, please also use this change in backports.
Thanks, that checked out fine, so I've applied it to mainline and the combined version to 4.8.
I'm travelling this week with limited access to my Darwin boxen, so the 4.7 version might be a bit delayed - similarly, I might take more time than usual to respond to emails.