This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: testsuite patches (1/14): Request dwarf-2 output where needed
- From: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Rainer Orth <ro at CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, Janis Johnson <janisjo at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:31:03 +0530
- Subject: Re: testsuite patches (1/14): Request dwarf-2 output where needed
- References: <20130720014537 dot splk1w0hwkogkcco-nzlynne at webmail dot spamcop dot net>
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 01:45:37AM -0400, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> Although the gcc.dg/debug/dwarf2/dwarf2.exp generally requests dwarf-2
> information, so that the test will work with targets that have a different
> default output format, that doesn't happen where the test specifies specific
> target options. In that case, we have to specify -gdwarf-2 in the individual
> test case.
I ran into this problem a while ago, and after discussion on the
mailing list, added a -gdwarf option to emit DWARF with the default
version (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-04/msg00592.html). Might
be better than hardcoding dwarf-2 IMO.