This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [patch,cilk-plus,testsuite] Skip int16 and size16 targets (too much FAILs)
- From: "Iyer, Balaji V" <balaji dot v dot iyer at intel dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:53:35 +0000
- Subject: RE: [patch,cilk-plus,testsuite] Skip int16 and size16 targets (too much FAILs)
- References: <51E7F220 dot 4090308 at gjlay dot de> <A86942C3-618E-4C46-B4E1-B4AAE79104D9 at comcast dot net>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Stump [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:14 PM
> To: Georg-Johann Lay
> Cc: email@example.com; Iyer, Balaji V
> Subject: Re: [patch,cilk-plus,testsuite] Skip int16 and size16 targets (too much
> On Jul 18, 2013, at 6:48 AM, Georg-Johann Lay <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > running the cilk-plus.exp tests I get ~200 FAILs because the tests are
> > not written for 16-bit int or size_t platforms.
> > As a quick tentative fix, the cilk-plus tests are skipped on such platforms.
> I think this patch is fine. Until such time until cilk can do better, I think this is a
> fine way to address the issue. The other possible way is to not spin up any
> support for cilk on such a platform in the first place. noconfigdir is one common
> way to do this.
The changes we have committed thus far does not require the cilk runtime.
Balaji V. Iyer.