This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, PR 57810] Wasted work in validate_const_int()
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: pchang9 at cs dot wisc dot edu
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:09:02 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Patch, PR 57810] Wasted work in validate_const_int()
- References: <4978b6a088d027de6688a6baf6f8016d dot squirrel at webmail dot cs dot wisc dot edu>
On 07/17/2013 10:41 AM, email@example.com wrote:
The problem appears in revision 200945 in version 4.9. I attached
a one-line patch that fixes it. I also reported this problem at
In method "validate_const_int()" in "gcc/read-rtl.c", the loop on line 804
should break immediately after "valid" is set to "0". All the iterations
after "valid" set to "0" do not perform any useful work, at best they just
set "valid" again to "0".
Bootstrapped and regression tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
Installed onto the trunk.