This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Google 4.8 Dwarf] Backport .debug_str in .o files with -gsplit-dwarf from trunk (issue9052046)
- From: Sterling Augustine <saugustine at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, reply at codereview dot appspotmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:55:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Google 4.8 Dwarf] Backport .debug_str in .o files with -gsplit-dwarf from trunk (issue9052046)
- References: <20130430233001 dot 33BC4A0C6D at sterling dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <CAHACq4r=2-8C+C9Kx78La=jnOoRB-bbPHAqPHeyASDAFqwRd2w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
>> The enclosed patch puts strings in the .debug_str section in the .o
>> file with -gsplit-dwarf. It is backported from from trunk (which, in turn,
>> was ported from google_4.7).
>> The patch itself is no different from the one finally applied to trunk,
>> except several hunks have moved a few lines.
>> OK for gcc/google/gcc-4_8?
Thanks. Committed as posted.