This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Restrict store_minmaxsi
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Kyrylo Tkachov <Kyrylo dot Tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:19:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Restrict store_minmaxsi
- References: <000a01ce44cd$620062e0$260128a0$ at email@example.com>
On 29/04/13 12:33, Kyrylo Tkachov wrote:
With this patch, we now only use the store_minmaxsi pattern when we're not
in a hot path.
We have found that this pattern can cause memory access bottlenecks in some
(one benchmark was 45% slower when this pattern was enabled).
Tested arm-none-eabi on qemu.
Ok for trunk?
2013-04-29 Kyrylo Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/arm/arm.md (store_minmaxsi): Use only when