This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 0/5] Submission of Altera Nios II port
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Chung-Lin Tang <cltang at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:35:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Submission of Altera Nios II port
- References: <516FF9AF dot 7000003 at codesourcery dot com>
I should ask the following general standard new-port questions:
* Does the port build cleanly when configured with --enable-werror-always
and built using a native compiler from current GCC trunk - for both 32-bit
host, and 64-bit host? It should. This is the standard way of ensuring
the same level of warning-cleanness in a cross build as native bootstrap
automatically enforces (and the build compiler needs to be from current
trunk because warning-cleanness is only expected when the build compiler
is the same version as the compiler being built).
The new targets should be added to contrib/config-list.mk, which helps
test all targets with --enable-werror-always. This is mentioned in "Back
End" in sourcebuild.texi - check there for any other pieces that should be
included in the port submission.
* What are test results like for the port? Again, both 32-bit and 64-bit
hosts, to detect any dependencies on whether the host is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Joseph S. Myers