This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Make MOVK output operand 2 in hex
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:39:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Make MOVK output operand 2 in hex
- References: <5149f042 dot 67eb440a dot 15ee dot 6e87SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN at mx dot google dot com> <CAFqB+PyFAWu_qJ8HGcERz_Xpkba3h39ARCzQ=ouF3ZvUeoFZkQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <D1D107BAC03B2842BAAFF284F54911E01485C2 at geoffrey dot Emea dot Arm dot com>
On 25/04/13 16:38, Ian Bolton wrote:
Since this is a bug fix, I'll need to backport to 4.8.
Is that OK?
On 20 March 2013 17:21, Ian Bolton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
MOVK should not be generated with a negative immediate, which
the assembler rightfully rejects.
This patch makes MOVK output its 2nd operand in hex instead.
Tested on bare-metal and linux.
OK for trunk?
2013-03-20 Ian Bolton <email@example.com>
* config/aarch64/aarch64.c (aarch64_print_operand): New
format specifier for printing a constant in hex.
* config/aarch64/aarch64.md (insv_imm<mode>): Use the X
format specifier for printing second operand.
* gcc.target/aarch64/movk.c: New test.