This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] Add __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX1Y__
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:57:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] Add __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX1Y__
- References: <5177EF87 dot 4000003 at oracle dot com>
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I believe this is all we need in order to get the ball rolling in the
> library for -std=c++1y.
> If we think it's conceptually clearer (no difference in practice, because
> cxx11 == cxx0x), for the legacy C++0x macro we could also do:
> if (cxx_dialect >= cxx0x && cxx_dialect < cxx1y)
> cpp_define (pfile, "__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__");
> I'm finishing testing the below on x86_64-linux.
I prefer the patch as you posted it. I would like us to actually
move to deprecate __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ in
GCC-4.9 and remove it in the release after that.
I don't think our support C++11 is still that experimental.
we can't have experimental support for two C++ standards going on :-)
Other implementations are thumping the chest about
being C++11 feature complete for less than what we offer.