This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Enable non-complex math builtins from C99 for Bionic
- From: Alexander Ivchenko <aivchenk at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:00:57 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Enable non-complex math builtins from C99 for Bionic
- References: <CACysShg52_ah9oE2SLfb+yVk=eaQd+Z_cKOZTmz-vPfOrqiWrg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc0ed-OhT2_T94NidegWNPzUk5ezWR_9qHd2hedjKWh4Ug at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1211302115430 dot 10739 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShjuePdWP1fDQ+=pbUQYjQDyzu3u1ypLfHsOf8-gjpDo5Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1212191754480 dot 3536 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShhnjtoco63R1BsAPNiD=jB696e-1FOekC0f40YLFk9WrQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1301071615250 dot 23785 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CACysShhz+0gyscs-fkN7evVq1bGCMmgj09n6YQFAriKKn2C+HA at mail dot gmail dot com>
2013/3/28 Alexander Ivchenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> 4.8 is now branched, lets come back to the discussion that we had
> before. I updated the patch a little
> bit since we now have linux-protos.h and linux-android.c files.
> I tried to preserve the avaiability of c99 for all targets, but it's
> pretty difficult, because we are changing
> the defaults. Passing an empty string as second argument doesn't look
> very good, but on the other hand
> the user has one clear way for checking the presence of a certain
> function. But of course we can create
> another function, that will call targetm.libc_has_function
> (function_class, "") within itself.
> best regards,
> 2013/1/7 Joseph S. Myers <email@example.com>:
>> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, Alexander Ivchenko wrote:
>>> Thank you very much for your input! Please, take a look at the updated version:
>>> I fixed coding style, moved documentation for TARGET_LIBC_HAS_FUNCTION
>>> to target.def.
>>> Removed TARGET_C99_FUNCTIONS and TARGET_HAS_SINCOS and all their
>>> influence and moved the implementation of linux_libc_has_function to
>>> I changed the defaults: now it is assumed that we have C99 runtime,
>>> but no sincos. I updated all needed gcc/config/*.h. But 'm not sure in
>>> this part,
>>> cause I don't have the opportunity to test it properly...
>> This patch seems mostly plausible, though there are various places that
>> call targetm.libc_has_function with and empty string as second argument,
>> that should be naming the specific function instead. I haven't reviewed
>> the details, and at this development stage I think it will need to wait
>> until after 4.8 branches.
>> Joseph S. Myers