This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 57022: [4.7/4.8/4.9 Regression] Inappropriate warning for use of TRANSFER with arrays
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Mikael Morin <mikael dot morin at sfr dot fr>
- Cc: Janus Weil <janus at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:01:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR 57022: [4.7/4.8/4.9 Regression] Inappropriate warning for use of TRANSFER with arrays
- References: <CAKwh3qjxDpd4gBqyh1fRoDgnm4t4rMz+BKZLEDAJqny0iyk0hg at mail dot gmail dot com> <51753EBD dot 7000304 at sfr dot fr>
Am 22.04.2013 15:44, schrieb Mikael Morin:
+ if ((source->expr_type == EXPR_ARRAY || source->rank > 0)
Minor: we can probably assume that rank > 0 if expr_type == EXPR_ARRAY,
Side remark and just for completeness, there is also rank == -1 for
assumed-rank arrays. However, as TRANSFER is not an inquiry function, it
shouldn't reach that code. (Maybe you could quickly check that that's
indeed the case.)
Regarding the patch, I wonder whether the test case should also contain
a CHARACTER one, motivated by PR 53685 (esp. comment 7).
Please also include that PR in the ChangeLog.