This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH ARM]Extend thumb1_reorg to save more comparison instructions
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Bin Cheng <Bin dot Cheng at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:56:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH ARM]Extend thumb1_reorg to save more comparison instructions
- References: <516f8681 dot a21d3c0a dot 31cc dot 54d5SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN at mx dot google dot com> <CABu31nM8Hc2uf4Jq7hTc5ODY0nNAoDzMOm1mLn9NB4sE7B7iow at mail dot gmail dot com> <516FBBD2 dot 6020308 at arm dot com>
> I haven't looked at compare-elim, but probably not. Thumb1 doesn't use
> cc and doesn't expose flag setting instructions in a MI manner (since
> add instructions clobber the flags).
compare-elim is supposed to be designed for this kind of targets, but of
course you need to split the instructions after reload.